Saturday, July 1, 2017

July

Here we are. July 1st. I am feeling so many feels today. I am 36 weeks pregnant today, so I'm considered "full term" don't get any ideas, Nehem, it's also the first day of the month I will meet my son. I can't believe it. 30 weeks ago I just thought I had the flu. 30 weeks ago, I wasn't sure that I'd ever be 36 weeks pregnant. But here we are. I'm exhausted, everything hurts, I can't sleep, I'm starving, I'm thirsty, I'm swollen, but I'm creating life. I still can't fathom it.

My twice weekly Vanderbilt appointments are going great. Nehem is a good boy and does exactly what he's supposed to do. One of the doctors even called him an over-achiever last week. I'll take it! I can't wait to meet this amazing little human.

In addition to Nehem's birth month, it's also my sweet Shane's birthday month. If all goes as planned, Shane and Nehem will share a birthday. That is so special to me. My two favorite humans are going to share a birthday. I'm feeling a little sentimental these days, obviously, and I'm not sleeping at night so I have lots of time to think...

Shane, I love you more than anything. You are an incredible example of Christ-Like love. You serve me when I'm being a big ol' baby. I'll never forget the night before I found out I was pregnant, I woke up at about midnight and my stomach was KILLING me. Without hesitating, you got out of bed and went to Kroger to buy me Canda Dry. Not because I asked, but because you knew it would make me feel better and you are constantly coming up with ways to make my life easier. The way your face lights up when you put your hand on my stomach and Nehem pushes back at you melts my heart into a giant floor puddle. My body is changing and I don't love it, but you are always telling me how beautiful I am (even when I just roll my eyes at you). You're an incredible husband and I have no doubt that you're going to be the best dad to our little guy. I know that I am a big ol' miserable, whiney baby these days but I hope this month (and every month) you feel special. You're amazing. You see the good in people when I'm so good at pointing out the bad. Thank you for being you. Thank you for encouraging me to be the best that I can be. Thank you for telling me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear. Thank you for protecting me. Thank you for choosing me. I love you forever. Happy Birthday month, My Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment