Wednesday, August 1, 2018

One

Hi my lovely friends! 

The intermittent blogger is at it again. And my baby just turned one year old. Why does that sound so much older and bigger than 11 months old? 

Also, why do people say 1 years old? Sigh. I digress.


My Timehop app (the app that you connect with your social media accounts and it gives you a flashback on that day in previous years) is giving me all the feels reminding me of all that we were going through this time last year. NICU, surgeries, feeding tubes, pumping around the clock, being separated from Nehem and trusting a perfect stranger with your newborn, all while knowing someone else knows how to better care for your baby than you do.  
Everything so uncertain from hour to hour.


But God is so, so good. And now, I’m so thankful. Thankful for where we are. Thankful for how well Nehem is doing. Thankful for no more major surgeries since then (a hernia repair is nothing when your kid has had brain surgery). Thankful for no more hospital stays. Thankful for the sweet stage we're in. Just so thankful.


The other day Nehem got a haircut and shoes (more about that at a later time) and he got a lollipop for being so good for his haircut. Yeah, I totally gave him a lollipop. #worldsokayestmom


We celebrated Nehem’s birthday with a low-key family party. Almost all of our family was able to come and it was just a fun time celebrating sweet Nehem. He loved his cake (I had no doubts), loved the sound of the presents being opened and he has become so much more content in babyjail with all of his new toys! 





Nehem is at a stage where he wakes up saying/doing something new everyday. He is saying several words, most of which he just all of a sudden picked up on. It’s crazy and amazing watching him develop so rapidly.



While most schools in our area have either already started or start back next week, I am lucky enough to have about 2 weeks left! I have some work to do in my classroom, but we don't officially start back until August 14. I know it's going to fly by, so I'm going to keep enjoying all the time that I can with these boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment